Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So your natural and your in the military now what??

Hello everyone! This is so so new for me and i never thought that i would be doing anything like this but here goes. Just wanted to talk to a few of my natural sisters out there that are in some form of the military and want to know how and what to do with your hair. I feel that for the natural sisters there is so much versatility in regards to our hair! The main reason i wanted to start doing this blog is to help anyone out that struggled like me in the beggining of my journey and help her to know that she should keep on doing what you are you doing. Also i wanted to share a few tips that i have been using and a few styles that i do during the week that are within the Air Force's regulation. More to come so stay tuned!! Until then stay blessed!

Mesha

5 comments:

  1. Hey sister girl just wanted to stop by and say, I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR STARTING THIS BLOG!!! We military women need this kind of inspiration and other ideas to do with our hair while in uniform. Those reg's just dont give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the Army and normally if my hair isn't pulled backed into the smallest pony puff I can put it in because of my beret I am wearing protective styles like a sew in or kinky twists. I prefer to wear my hair out but because my hair is so dense and thick it's hard for me to wear my head gear sometimes because of my puff and I am not at the stage to wear my hair in a ponytail because it's too short in the front. It sucks because I want to flaunt my natural hair 24/7 but sometimes it's just hard to do in uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry so late reading this. Yeah i think that sucks too. I pretty much have the same style a lot also. But the good thing i think about that is your hair is growing like crazy because you aren't doing a lot of manipulation to it:) Once you start doing too many things to your hair it may get more subject to just stop and yell at you like "WHATS GOING ON"??? "WHAT DO YOU WANT"??...lol...i know that mght sound silly but it's true. Hey if you ever get a chance check Kimmaytube. She talks a lot about protective styling...she really good...thx for responding..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tivory thank you for all of the support and for the inspiration to start this blog...you are truly my number one fan...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is good start, your such an inspiration. I agree with Tadi, thick hair is so hard to put in style. Hair Loss

    ReplyDelete